Saturday, TBD, 2021, 10am-5pm
We invite you and your family to explore the Cultural Arts Center and the visual and performing arts as you participate in hands-on are projects and enjoy live performances by a variety of talent. Free and open to the public, there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy!
Food service will be available from 11am-4pm so you can enjoy lunch or snacks without having to stop all the fun!
TBD Date & Time
Shop a wide variety of unique artistic and utilitarian works by the Center's pottery students and instructor. From pet bowls, sponge holders, vases, and fun sculptures, there is something for everyone, including perfect handmade gifts for the holidays!
CALL 804-261-ARTS for tickets. Join us for our first outdoor concert of the new season, featuring The Super Sugar Beats, performing groovy tunes that rock from the '60s and '70s! This 60 minute concert will take place at The Cultural Arts Center's Center Field with social distancing. Enjoy a fun afternoon of bubblegum rock in your own private pod. Chairs, blankets, and coolers are welcome. Alcohol is prohibited. Tickets are $30 for 1-2 people in a pod or $50 for 3-4 people in a pod. Day-of tickets (if pods are available) are $20 per person, at the door.
Tickets to past Super Sugar Beats shows are not valid for this performance. If you have been issued a gift card for a past show and would like to use it, please mention so when calling 804-261-ARTS for new tickets.
Individually marked out Pod Sections will be 7 feet X 7 feet.
The band will perform on a stage 4 feet high from the ground.
All ticket holders must agree to comply with safety precautions put in place during the event, as outlined below.
Social distancing and wearing a mask are required while walking to the entry point and waiting in line for check-in.
The venue is the grass field to the right of the Main Center as viewed from the parking lot.
It is important that you read this section carefully. For the safety of our guests, staff, volunteers, performers and partners, your ticket purchase indicates that you have read and agree to abide by the following safety protocols. Anyone who does not comply with these policies will be asked to leave the property without a refund.
• Pod Section Capacity – Your pod should never contain more than the number you purchased for that pod, (1 to 4 people).
• Face Coverings – Face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth at all times are required for entry, exit and whenever you are outside your designated pod. Face coverings are recommended for any children older than two years old. Face coverings are required for staff and volunteers at all times.
• Social Distancing – Each pod will be a minimum of 6 feet away from adjacent pods, and walkways will be a minimum of 6 feet wide. The walkways to the left and right/ front and back of each pod must remain clear of items. Please do not sit or congregate in the walkways. When waiting in line please maintain 6 feet distance between you and the guest in front of you. Please stay in your own pod at all times unless entering or exiting the area. Face coverings must be worn when you are outside of your pod.
• Hand Sanitizer – Hand sanitizer will be available inside the buildings should you need to go in to use the restroom facilities. We recommend bringing sanitizer for your own personal use outside in the concert/pod area.
Ticketing & Check-In
• Gates will open at 2:00pm.
• Tickets can be purchased by phone or in-person.
• Pods are not pre-assigned at purchase. At the gate, pre-sold pods will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Tickets will also be offered at the gate (if available) at $20 per person beginning fifteen minutes before the performance begins. Pods will be assigned per group (i.e., strangers will not be seated in the same pod).
• All attendees in a POD must check-in for the event together at the same time, no exceptions. Attendees will not be checked in until every member of the pod is present. Pod seating will be first come, first served, and no changes will be allowed once the group is in their pod.
• While waiting to enter the venue, please follow instructions according to staff, volunteers and signage, wear a face covering at all times and observe social distancing.
• Blankets and lawn chairs are recommended; chairs will not be provided. All items must fit within the square footage of your pod.
• No tents, canopies, or pets are permitted.
• No smoking or vaping in the Center Field or in the entry line.
• No refunds with the exception of event cancellation.
Before You Attend
Please review the following checklist with all members of your party on the day of the concert. If you or any member of your group shows any of the following symptoms, that person should not attend the event.
• Feeling feverish or having an elevated measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
• A cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition
• A sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition
• Chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition
• Shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition
• Muscle aches that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity
• Having had any close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days
View Playbill >> Click Here
Mark your calendar for a special free outdoor performance with the Virginia Opera at our Walkerton Tavern Gazebo on Monday, October 26 at 5:30pm.
Join Virginia Opera’s Stayin’ Alive artists at The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen for Opera under the Gazebo, featuring opera arias, Broadway favorites, and more, sung by soprano Symone Harcum, mezzo-soprano Whitney Robinson, baritone Nicholas Martorano, and bass-baritone Eric McConnell. You don’t want to miss this free, 45-minute concert on Monday, October 26 at 5:30pm!
Enjoy fun for the entire family in October at The Cultural Arts Center. Join us outside on the lawn at Walkerton Tavern!
Sunday, November 1 at 3 p.m. - Enjoy music and ventriloquism fun from Chris Campbell and his puppet friends! Following the performance, Chris will lead us all in making sock puppets! Plus, Richmond Family Magazine will be onsite with a fun activity for the kids!
Bring the kids and a lawn chair or blanket as we all social distance on the lawn. You won’t want to miss these free, interactive family shows!
Sponsored by Henrico Recreation & Parks and The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen. No reservations required. Admission is free. More information at 804-261-2787 or 804-501-5859.
Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door. Please call 804-261-ARTS for advance tickets. (If you have been issued a gift card for a past show and would like to use it, please mention so when calling 804-261-ARTS for new tickets.)
This performance is a 60 minute show with no intermission. This will be an indoor concert with socially distant seating. Masks must be worn while inside the building and in theatre.
Debra Wagoner is no stranger to the many stages of RVA, and her unparalleled voice has taken her to theatres and concert halls across the country. She is joined on the piano by her frequent collaborator Anthony Smith (Music Supervisor of Virginia Repertory Theatre). Join Debra & Anthony as they perform a range of songs from The Great American Songbook, classic country music, and hits made famous by Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and more!
This production will be socially distanced. Only 105 of the 351 seats are for sale to allow for ample distance between patrons. Face masks are mandatory for staff and audience members (ages 2 and up) while inside the theatre.
The Cultural Arts Center will be following all regulations established by the Virginia Department of Health and the Virginia Phase 3 guidelines for performing arts venues. We will offer touchless ticketing and playbills, hand sanitizer stations throughout the lobby, and other safety protocols, to ensure the safety of both the audience and performers.
If you have questions about seating or your visit, please call 804-261-ARTS.
December 5, 2020-January 3, 2021
Artisan created Christmas trees deck the Center's halls as we celebrate our annual Illumination. Each tree designed with its own special theme is sure to thrill the youngest to oldest visitors. Don't forget the scavenger hunt or you'll miss out on a special treat at the end!
Opening: Saturday, December 5, 2020 from 5-7pm following the Center's annual Tree Lighting. Santa and his elves will be on site for a visit with the children.
Meet popular artist P. Buckley Moss, known as the people's artist. Ms. Moss will be onsite to meet fans old and new and will sign prints and books purchased from the Center gift shop or brought from home. Don't miss the special edition print created just for this event!